With deep consideration for the needs of the patients of the Center for Natural Medicine, the staff and providers of the clinic have decided to expand our scope of patient visits to allow for some limited in-person services. Due to the continued risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus, we ask that all patients that can be managed by telemedicine be scheduled for that format of visit. For patients requiring in-person care, we will be using the following criteria to determine if patients may be scheduled for face to face visits.
For the time being, all patients will continue to require initial telemedicine screening with their provider. All of our ND and acupuncture staff are offering telemedicine visits and our front desk is available to help you determine what insurance coverage you may have for this form of visit. Not all insurance companies fully cover the cost of telemedicine visits and we are happy to provide quotes for all non-covered services. If, after this initial screening, your provider feels you may require in-person care, you may be scheduled for a visit in the clinic.
The following services may be considered for expanded care at this time per recommendations from the Oregon Health Authority:
- Chronic pain patients who require physical medicine care to prevent them from seeking care in an emergency department or urgent care setting in the next 30 days, due to increased need for pain medication or worsening mental health as a result of their condition.
- Patients with chronic health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, or other serious chronic conditions as deemed appropriate by the care provider.
- Patients requiring lab monitoring for ongoing medication management or those requiring annual monitoring of the above mentioned chronic health conditions.
- Patients with acute injuries or skin infections requiring urgent attention.
- Patients requiring routine management of their gender affirming care.
- Patients requiring urgent care for possible urinary tract, sexually transmitted infections, or strep throat.
- Healthy pediatric patients requiring annual wellness visits with routine vaccination.
In order to best protect our staff and other patients, some safety precautions will be implemented to limit possible COVID-19 spread. All patients who are screened and approved for in-person care will be required to wear their own facemasks to the clinic. Their temperature will be taken upon entry to the clinic, and those with a fever greater than 100.0 F will be asked to reschedule, as will any patients who have a cough or shortness of breath at the time of their appointment. Family and friends will not be allowed to accompany patients to their appointments, with the exception of a single healthy guardian in the case of pediatric patients. We ask that you come in to your appointment on time to allow for us to prevent overcrowding of the waiting room, and you may be asked to wait in your vehicle or outside until your appointment time if necessary to maintain social distancing in the clinic. If you are late, we will ask you to reschedule to prevent overcrowding of the clinic.
We continue to offer limited COVID-19 testing for frontline workers and symptomatic patients. If you believe you may require this testing, please schedule a phone screening with your provider. All COVID-19 testing will take place in our parking lot to help us maintain clinic health.
We understand that this is a strange, difficult time. We are committed to continuing to provide the same high level care as we do during normal clinic operations and we hope that these limited expanded services begin to help meet your health needs. We may be able to increase our scope of visits in the near future, and we will keep our patients up to date on any change in our care structure. We are thankful that you choose to trust us with your healthcare needs, and we wish you and your family health and safety during this pandemic.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like more information about the steps that the Center for Natural Medicine is taking to ensure this transition is safe, please do not hesitate to schedule a telemedicine visit with your provider.